Whatever i want or need to get out, put out. Design, games, cars, technology, life.

Search

Spell check me

Corrections to my not so good (i guess) english are welcome.

Monday, August 22, 2016

VR racing is da bomb

I saw these two videos recently and my desire to play racing games with virtual reality (VR) just increased.

Since VR started becoming a reality, i was thrilled by the possibility of looking around. Yes, VR is great for playing lots of things, and shooters are a very interesting possibility, but i love racing more than anything and to play sitting down is more appealing.

So, looking around. I was worried that the gameplay would become a little jerky, shaking a lot. You can see that in one of the videos but it's just for a moment.

This first one is short and sweet. The guy is amazed playing Driveclub VR with a PS4 and a steering wheel:


I don't expect much from Driveclub, but this makes me want to try it more.

The second one is a full 12 lap race in Assetto Corsa, using a PC VR rig and the Thrustmaster T300 racing wheel. This guy is good, especially because he talks us through the whole race and does a really great piece of driving:


I want to have a steering wheel again so bad, and now i need a VR too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are heavily moderated, so don´t waste your time.